We’re going to apply some basic seduction tricks to your business that you could easily employ on a date. You can literally find most of the advice in any article that talks about “how to win someone over” or “tricks to make someone fall in love”, but today we are going to see how these tips would be applied in the business environment.
First of all, give you some terrible news. Love lasts a maximum of 3 years approximately. We don’t say it, Dr. Eduardo Calixto says it in a National Geographic article. So don’t expect to retain a loyal customer forever, just try to make the time you’ve spent together as a nice memory, and if so, they might come back one day.
Remember that each person is different and the same trick can obtain different reactions according to the internal and external circumstances of each individual at a given moment. However, there are patterns of behavior that you can follow and with perseverance, patience and empathy, you will be able to conquer the person you want with great success.
1. First of all, know yourself well. Ask your friends what is the most attractive in you. What do you know how to do best? What is it that differentiates you from your competition? You may create prices for yourself, but if there is someone more beautiful than you right next to you, better change your place or highlight another quality. Ask your clients what is the most attractive thing about your business and highlight it. Perhaps, the answer is different from what you think and you discover a quality that characterizes you and you do not know it yet.
2. Prepare and study the pitch. The right moment is crucial. It is not the same to seduce in a bar than at work. Observe what your potential client is like and find out when is the best time to seduce him and provide all the (good) information about yourself that you can in other ways. Valentine’s Day can be a good time to send a message of comfort to singles or, also, to congratulate married people.
Ah! And rest assured that they will investigate everything about you through your social networks. Make sure they speak well of you or, at the very least, don’t have any questionable or misleading information. At the end of the day, they will end up knowing the truth one way or another.
3. A sense of humor works. You can laugh at yourself and you will empathize better with the person. But always choose well what you say. Be sure of your insecurities and, as a company, you can be honest about the improvement points you have pending.
4. If you can do it, impress. There is nothing sexier than a first date surprise. Can you do magic? Well get on with it! Do you have a present? Well, surprise him with it! For example, as a customer, it makes me happy to know that as a new customer I have an extra discount, or that as a loyal customer I have a gift.
5. Smile, please. Do you know mirror neurons? People reflect many behaviors that we assimilate around us and this includes both positive and negative emotions. If we interact with a happy and optimistic person, it is most likely that they will transmit their joy to you. Therefore, as a company, be upbeat and smiling. For example, including a simple smiley face in the subject of your email can create a positive impression on your potential customer.
6. Don’t be heavy. If you don’t see signs of acceptance from the other person after an attempt, don’t insist. There is nothing more uncomfortable than being bothered by someone you don’t like. The same applies in your company. Do not bombard with advertising or try to invade their personal space because you will create a feeling of rejection.